Sesame Chicken & Noodles
Looking for a quick, easy and flavorful Asian recipe? Chicken, green onion, fresh ginger, and sweet peppers combine to create this tasty dish. It is flavored with sesame oil, which adds a delicious nuttiness that blends well with the other ingredients. Serve on top of prepared udon noodles or whole wheat spaghetti.
Celebrate great health! LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
– 1/3 cup rice vinegar
– 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
– 2 Tbsp. honey
– 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
– 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
– 2 tsp. Asian garlic-chili sauce
– 2 6-oz. pkg. refrigerated grilled chicken breast strips
– 12 oz. dried udon noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti
– 3 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
– 2 medium yellow, red and/or orange sweet peppers, cut in bite-size strips
– Fresh cilantro–
1.In medium bowl stir together vinegar, green onions, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic-chili sauce. Add chicken; stir to coat. Set aside to allow flavors to meld.
2.Meanwhile, in large saucepan cook noodles in boiling water about 8 minutes until just tender. Drain noodles well and return to saucepan. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Add chicken mixture and toss to combine.
3.Transfer to bowls. Top each with pepper strips and cilantro.