Studies show black women, particularly those between 20 and 29 years old, have larger amounts of abdominal fat than other women the same age. Excess abdominal fat also increases the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Celebrate great health! LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook!
To avoid this risk and work your way to a flatter tummy, do two to three sets of these top tummy toners from around the world.
• Sit on floor with knees bent and feet flat, holding ends of resistance band (or a towel) with both hands in front of chest, arms extended and slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
• Lean torso back 45 degrees and lift bent legs until shins are parallel to floor.
• Make it easier: Keep feet on floor.
• Maintaining V-sit position and keeping lower body still, rotate torso slowly to right, bringing right hand out to side a few inches off floor.
• Repeat to left side, bringing left hand out to side near floor to complete 1 rep.
• Do 10 reps.