Are You Having A Stroke?
(BlackDoctor.org) — What is a stroke? This life-threatening condition is a medical emergency and the third leading cause of death in the U.S. It occurs when a blood vessel in the brain bursts or, more commonly, when a blockage develops. Without treatment, cells in the brain quickly begin to die. The result can be serious disability or death. If a loved one is having stroke symptoms, seek emergency medical attention without delay.
Signs of a stroke may include:
• Sudden numbness or weakness of the body, especially on one side.
• Sudden vision changes in one or both eyes.
• Sudden, severe headache with unknown cause.
• Sudden problems with dizziness, walking, or balance.
• Sudden confusion, difficulty speaking or understanding others.
Call 911 immediately if you notice any of these symptoms.
Stroke Test: Talk, Wave, Smile