Halle Berry’s Lower Body Workout
(BlackDoctor.org) — Halle Berry has been named the Most Beautiful Woman by People magazine 11 times — and the new mom keeps looking better and better. But she’s got more than genetics and pure luck to thank. She trains hard and eats healthy to get into tip-top shape. And you too can follow in her lead.
The Hips, Waist, Thighs Workout
You don’t have to be Halle to show off some seriously sexy curves — but it helps to have her plan. This workout plan is designed to leave you streamlined and sculpted. The key is to concentrate as much on the back of your body — which exercisers often ignore — as the front. That means targeting the rear shoulders, upper back, hamstrings, glutes, and obliques, as well as the chest, quads, and abs.
You’ll need light, medium, and heavy dumbbells (ranging from 5 to 15 pounds) and a bench. Do the moves three days a week, plus three to five bouts of short but intense cardio, and you’ll be flaunting a firmer figure in six weeks!
1. Standing Oblique Flexion
Targets: Obliques, Abs
- Stand with knees slightly bent, feet shoulder-width apart, holding medium or heavy dumbbells in each hand with weights at sides, elbows slightly bent, palms in and abs tight.
- Slowly slide dumbbell down outside of right thigh as far as you can, bending torso to right while keeping hips square.
- Hold for 2 seconds, then slowly draw weight back up thigh to start.
- Repeat all reps to right; switch sides.
2. Bench Step-Up
Targets: Thighs, Hips, Glutes, Shoulders
- Hold a light- or medium-weight dumbbell in each hand standing next to the bench lengthwise.
- Step up with right foot onto the middle of the bench; hold for 3 counts with left leg lifted to side.
- Step down with left foot and tap down with the right.
- Immediately step back up to the bench with right foot.
- Do all reps on this leg, rest for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
3. Bent-Knee Deadlift
Targets: Hamstrings, Glutes, Lower Back, Hips
- Stand with feet shoulder-distance apart, holding medium-weight dumbbells in each hand, arms at sides with palms in.
- Keeping head up, shoulders back, abs tight and knees slightly bent, hinge forward from the hips to slide your butt back.
- As you bend forward, slide weights down the legs, gazing slightly ahead of you.
- Keeping body weight over heels, slowly return to starting position; repeat.
4. Cross-Twist on Bench
Targets: Obliques, Abs, Lower Back
- Sit on a flat bench with knees bent and feet flat on the floor or on the seat of the bench.
- Lean back slightly, engaging your abdominals.
- Punch right fist across outside of left thigh, twisting upper body to the left.
- Hold for 3 counts.
- Repeat, punching left fist to outside of right thigh.
- Continue, alternating punching to each side; keep your upper body lifted and your abdominals engaged throughout the exercise.