2. Don’t use margarine! Instead, substitute it with olive oil.
3. Use more egg whites. For example, if your recipe calls for three beaten eggs, beat and use six eggs whites only. Or, use one whole egg and four egg whites.
4. Choose a recipe that is heavy on the vegetables, such as celery, onions and apples.
5. Use fresh, individual spices such as sage, thyme, pepper and light salt, opposed to prepackaged mixes, which are typically high in sodium. Begin with a very minimal amount of salt–no more than two teaspoons–and then add more salt to taste after the dressing is baked.
6. Before adding them to the dressing, saute your vegetables until warm but still crisp. Add low-fat turkey broth to the mixture and bring a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high, and cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Cut your prepared dressing into half-cup portions prior to serving as a way of encouraging portion control.