4. Enhance flavor by adding fat free chicken broth.
5. Add a couple of teaspoons of olive oil for a dose of heart-healthy fat.
6. Add red pepper flakes if you want a little heat.
7. Saute a few cloves of garlic in olive oil, and add to the pot as you’re adding your greens.
8. Sprinkle some apple cider vinegar over the greens and serve hot or warm, accompanied by your favorite pepper sauce.
9. Mix in other kinds of greens so then you have a different flavor. Maybe some collards with mustards or kale.
Also remember, the longer you cook the greens, the less nutritional value they have, so you may just want to cut off the stove a little bit earlier to preserve more of the nutrients.