Beautiful Woman Inside & Out Tour Coming To Charlotte, NC On June 11, 2011
(BlackDoctor.org) — Celebrity health and beauty experts from around the country will headline the Beautiful Woman Inside and Out event on Saturday, June 11, 2011 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Westin Charlotte hotel, located at 601 S. College Street in Charlotte.
Women from all over NC, SC, VA and other parts of the country are welcome…you WANT to be at this event!!
Hosted by the COSHAR Foundation, the Beautiful Woman Inside and Out event is designed is to educate, empower and equip women to live their BEST lives.
What’s This Event All About?
Women are often so focused on their families, careers and just life in general, that they don’t take time to care for and appreciate themselves.
Well NO MORE!!
The Whole Woman: We believe that women should want to be their very best on the inside and out! This groundbreaking conference addresses the woman in a way that she can relate to and embrace. Our objective is to address the “whole” woman and provide the necessary information in a culturally relevant manner that allows women to make informed choices about their health/wellness, with a focus on both their inner (health/wellness) and outer beauty (physical attributes).
Our approach? “Beauty” devoid of the typical stereotypes. Dispelling myths. Giving useful/practical expert advice.
An Event You’ll Never Forget: We’ve planned a day that you will NEVER forget! This day-long, high energy event is filled with leading experts including dermatologists, internists, plastic surgeons, weight loss/bariatric surgeons, fashion experts, aestheticians, celebrity makeup artists, fitness and nutrition experts, mental health specialists and celebrity hair stylists. All of these experts will share the same platform and you will NEVER be the same!
Event Perks Include: All registrants will enjoy a sumptuous breakfast, unlimited beverage breaks and an exquisite gourmet luncheon. Enjoy the entertainment from musical artists, comedians as well as other “surprises” planned for our registrants. Join authors for book signings and discussions, as well as riveting, hands-on sessions with our experts
The event will be hosted by The COSHAR Foundation and its partners, as well as the foundation’s engaging and entertaining Executive Director Dr. Sharon, AKA Sharon Allison-Ottey, MD, who’s life mission is to motivate and empower persons to better lives.
Exciting guest experts will include:
• Kim Lee – celebrity makeup artist and lead artist at BET. Lee recently served as the head makeup artist for the hit movie, “Jumping the Broom.”
• Robert Ferguson – known as the “People’s Fat Loss Coach,” Ferguson is a nationally-recognized voice of weight loss through healthy living. He is a motivational speaker and a physical conditioning and nutrition specialist.
• Dr. Victoria Holloway Barbosa – one of the country’s top dermatologists, Dr. Barbosa is the former vice president in Research & Development at L’Oreal who built and directed the L’Oréal Institute for Ethnic Hair & Skin Research. She brings a unique set of experiences and talents that bridge the fields of dermatology, science and the cosmetics industry. She is the founder of Dermal Insights in Chicago and serves as an assistant professor the Rush University’s Department of Dermatology where she sees patients and teaches residents and medical students. She is the physician/owner of Millineum Dermatology, a cutting-edge, innovative dermatology practice which provides state of the art care to private patients.
• Keith Harley – a celebrity hairstylist who is referred to as the “Hair Doctor,” Harley is one of the country’s leading experts in the care and treatment of hair. He is the owner and operator of the Keith Harley Hair and Scalp Clinic. A highly-skilled and trained trichologist, Harley brings a great depth of knowledge to the preservation and nurturing of hair while also being a master stylist.
• Michael Perkinson – a fashion expert, Perkinson is the CEO and senior lead wardrobe stylist for Greater Image, LLC., a wardrobe consulting firm, specializing in wardrobe planning/management, personal shopping, and closet audit/organization. He will co-host the seminar, “What Not to Wear.”
• Monique Barnette – an image curator, Barnette has extensive experience in personal styling and image consulting. She has advised DC politicos, styled Chicago executives, worked with Miami professional athletes, and curated New York entrepreneurs. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Blueprint for Style. Along with Perkinson, she will co-host the seminar, “What Not to Wear.”
• MacArthur “Mac” James – a certified personal trainer, James has trained numerous NFL and NBA athletes like Brian Westbrook of the San Fransico 49ers, Darnell Dockett of the Arizona Cardinals, Ray Rice of the Baltimore Ravens, and Visanthe Shiancoe of the Minnesota Vikings. He recently served as the director of a 3 day training camp with the Baltimore Ravens. However, he brings his skills to everyday women and offers practical yet impactful advice .
• Germaine Williams – a highly-respected celebrity makeup artist and aesthetician with more than 17 years in clinical skincare. Williams is the CEO and owner of the Red Bloom Wellness Spa, located in Bethesda, Maryland. Williams gives phenomenal insight into skincare for women of all races and ages.
Registration: Our registration levels are personalized to meet the needs of our attendees; choose from (3) three levels of registration: Salon, Couture and the ultimate DIVA. (Registration and other fees are nonrefundable). A portion of the proceeds from each event will be donated to fight breast cancer and domestic violence. The conference is open to sponsors, vendors and authors. Registration for this event is required.
Next event stops will include Atlanta, Los Angeles and Chicago.
Please join us!!
For more information, visit Beautiful Woman Inside and Out, or call 301 773 4811.
About Dr. Sharon Allison-Ottey
A physician, speaker/ lecturer, novelist and activist, Dr. Sharon Allison-Ottey serves as the executive director of the COSHAR Foundation, a non-profit organization committed to the health of this nation.
She is also active with numerous medical, political and civic organizations. Dr. Sharon has been recognized with many awards and citations, most notably, her recognition in the National Library of Medicine/ American Medical Woman’s Association’s and designation as a Local Legend in Medicine. Dr. Sharon is featured in the national exhibit entitled: Changing the Face of Medicine: Celebrating America’s Women Physicians.
She was recently inducted as one of Maryland’s Top 100 Women by The Daily Record, and among the 23 honorees appointed into the Circle of Excellence by the newspaper for sustaining her achievements after being named to the list for the third time. Prior to this year, Dr. Sharon was named to Maryland’s Top 100 Women in 2004 and 2008, respectively.
Dr. Sharon is seen by her peers and colleagues as a champion for improved health status and access to care for the elderly. She has been recognized with many awards and citations, most notably, the youngest to ever receive the Scroll of Merit by the National Medical Association (NMA) in 2002. This award is the association’s highest award, and Dr. Sharon was cited for her service to the organization, research and commitment to the health education of the nation.
Interestingly, Dr. Sharon is also an author, tapping into her creative side by penning two books; the novel, “All I Ever Did Was Love a Man” and the self help book,“Is That Fried Chicken Worth It? Not a Diet a Mindset” Both tomes incorporate valuable health messages that’s important to women’s health.
Dr. Sharon received her medical degree from East Carolina University School of Medicine in Greenville, N.C. and dual bachelor’s degrees in Biology and Chemistry with minors in Physics, African American History and English with honors from North Carolina Central University in Durham, N.C. She completed a three-year residency program in Internal Medicine (adult medicine) and an additional two-year fellowship in Geriatric Medicine at Union Memorial Hospital.
For more information about Dr. Sharon. Visit www.drsharononline.com.