The soul veteran got his start in the music business as the lead singer in the soul group The Valentinos, which he formed with his brothers, and played guitar for Sam Cooke.
He also wrote The Rolling Stones’ first chart topper in the UK, 1964′s “It’s All Over Now.”
Alzheimers & Dementia Facts
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia. The term dementia is intended to describe the spectrum of severity, ranging from the mildest to the most severe stages—regardless of the cause. According to studies, African Americans have a greater risk of Alzheimer’s than whites if another family member has suffered from it.
In addition to memory loss, early clinical symptoms will likely include:
• Confusion about the location of usually familiar places
• Taking longer to accomplish normal daily tasks
• Trouble handling money and paying bills
• Poor judgment leading to bad decisions
• Loss of spontaneity and sense of initiative
• Mood and personality changes, and increased anxiety