Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Making dinner can be stressful. Whether it’s about planning or how to avoid gaining weight, we’ve got you covered.
Try a healthy vegetable dish that is sure to impress. This dish is simple, yet pretty and delicious.
1 pound Brussels sprouts
3 cloves of garlic-minced
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F
1. Let’s start with our Brussels sprouts: When cleaning Brussels Sprouts pull off any yellow, bruised or dead leaves, rinse and then cut in half lengthwise.
2. Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl add in garlic, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss until sprouts are glossy.
3. Place the tossed sprouts on a cookie sheet or into a cast iron pan.
4. Place pan into oven for 30-40 minutes until sprouts are crispy brown on the outside and fork tender on the inside.
5. Remove from oven, salt (if needed) and serve.
Now, all you have to do is Enjoy!
Chef Huda’s Healthy Tip: Brussels Sprouts are a good source for over 20 essential vitamins and minerals. They are a great source of vitamin A, potassium, calcium, fiber, antioxidants, vitamin K, vitamin E, B-complex, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, calcium and manganese. Including Brussels sprouts and other leafy greens in your daily diet can help regulate or reduce cholesterol and high blood pressure.
By Chef Huda, BDO Nutrition Expert
Chef Huda is a celebrity chef and owner of Pretty and Delicious, a personal chef and culinary company. She is also the creator of the blog A Happy Food Place.
More Pretty and Delicious Recipes are available on www.ChefHuda.com
Follow her on Twitter @ChefHuda or on Facebook.com/MyChefHuda