1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet, and transfer to oven. In a medium bowl, stir together blue cheese and 1/2 cup buttermilk. Season dip with salt and pepper, and set aside.
2. Place flour and remaining 1/2 cup buttermilk in separate medium bowls; season with salt and pepper. Set out another rimmed baking sheet alongside. Dip chicken in buttermilk (allowing excess to drip off), then in flour (shaking off excess); place on sheet.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Working in batches, fry chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to rack in oven to keep warm.
4. In a large bowl, stir together hot sauce and melted butter. Add chicken, and toss to coat. Serve tenders with blue-cheese dip.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 lbs Chicken, Ground
2 Tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon of butter
2 Egg whites
2 Tablespoons of parsley, dried
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 Onions, minced
3 Garlic cloves
1 Cup buffalo chicken wing sauce or hot sauce
1 Cup blue cheese sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken with the onion, garlic and parsley, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Flatten out the meat in the bowl and score it into four portions using the side of your hand. Shape each portion into four balls, for a total of 16 balls (four balls per portion).
3. Arrange the meatballs on a nonstick sheet pan and drizzle them with olive oil. Place in the oven and bake until the meatballs are cooked through and golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
4. While the meatballs are baking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the hot sauce and whisk to combine. Toss the baked meatballs in the hot sauce to coat.
5. Transfer the meatballs to a serving platter and spike each one with a toothpick or serving fork. Place the bleu cheese dressing in a small serving bowl and garnish with the remaining scallions. Serve the meatballs with the bleu cheese dressing, celery and carrot sticks alongside.
Per 1 meatball: Calories 102.2; Total Fat 6.1 g; Saturated Fat 2.0 g; Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g; Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g; Cholesterol 67.5 mg; Sodium 435.5 mg; Potassium 40.9 mg; Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g; Dietary Fiber 0.6 g; Sugars 0.1 g; Protein 10.6 g