No Chicken Wings? 3 Amazing Buffalo Chicken Alternatives
The National Chicken Council released a report that said the demand for wings this year is at “an all-time high” due to decreased wing production caused by the high cost of corn and feed prices.
Due to this, the estimated number of wings to be consumed during Super Bowl weekend is 1.23 billion wing segments, which is 12.3 million, or around 1%, less than last year.
So just in case you can’t find any chicken wings at your local store, how can you still get that savory, spicy goodness you crave???
Here are three buffalo chicken recipes, with a few healthy touches, that might just be better than the traditional classic that inspired them:
Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
– 8 medium chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds total)
– 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
– 1/2 cup of chopped onion
– 1 clove of garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup of chicken broth
– 2 – 4 tablespoons of bottled hot pepper sauce
– Celery sticks
– 1/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing–
1. Skin chicken. In a plastic or paper bag combine flour and paprika. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, shaking to coat well. In a 10-inch skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat about 10 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned, turning to brown evenly. Remove chicken; set aside.