Why Every Black Woman Should Wear Red
Wondering how you can get involved and help stop heart disease from impacting your community?
- Wear red on Feb. 5 to help raise awareness about heart disease.
- Help educate yourself, your family and your friends about the facts about women and heart disease.
Black Women & Heart Disease: Essential Stats You Need To Know
- Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death for African American women.
- Of African American women ages 20 and older, 46.9 percent have cardiovascular disease
- Only 1 in 5 African American women thinks she is personally at risk.
- Nearly 50 percent of African American women are aware of the signs and symptoms of a heart attack.
- Only 43 percent of African American knows that heart disease is their greatest health risk.