Natural Remedies For Depression
For when it’s beyond a bad day: Learn more about symptoms and what you can do to overcome depression. According to research or other evidence, the following self-care steps may be helpful:
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
What You Need To Know:
• Exercise that increases your heart rate at least three hours a week (or 30 minutes a day) may help boost your body’s natural mood-enhancers (endorphins)
Check out St. John’s wort
• Take 600 to 1,200 mg a day of a standardized herbal extract containing of 0.3% hypericin to help with mild to moderate depression—but talk to your doctor first as St. John’s wort can interact with certain medications
Get enough iron
• A lack of iron can make depression worse; check with a doctor to find out if you are iron deficient
Try B vitamins
• Take a supplement that contains folic acid and vitamins B12 and B6 to help correct deficiencies associated with depression
• A mental health professional may help you make a full recovery
These recommendations are not comprehensive and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or pharmacist. Continue reading the full depression article for more in-depth, fully-referenced information on medicines, vitamins, herbs, and dietary and lifestyle changes that may be helpful.
Visit the BlackDoctor.org Depression center for more articles and tips.