(BlackDoctor.org) — You don’t need fancy equipment to work your lower body. Just grab a yoga mat or towel to get into shorts-shape with this fast workout you can do at home.Tone your butt, thighs, and calves in just 15 minutes — and show some leg this summer.
What you’ll need: A yoga mat (or a bath towel and a chair)
Targets: Butt, Outer and Inner Thighs
• Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, holding one end of rolled-up mat (or chair back) in front of you with both hands.
• Bend knees slightly and hinge forward from hips, extending arms to plant vertical mat on floor a few feet in front of left foot so that back is parallel to floor.
• Keep both hands on top of mat for support and extend right leg out to side, toes pointed.
• Keeping abs engaged, back flat, and mat upright, exhale as you lift right leg out to side as high as possible. Hold for 3 seconds, then lower leg.
• Do 10 to 15 reps, holding the last leg lift for 10 seconds. Switch legs and repeat.
Standing Leg Curl
Targets: Hamstrings and Calves
• Stand with feet together and place rolled-up mat (or towel) evenly behind right knee so that it’s parallel to floor. Lift right foot behind you with toes pointed, and pull heel toward butt to secure mat behind knee.
• Extend arms at shoulder level in front of you and clasp hands. (Beginners, use chair for balance.)
• Squeezing mat with leg throughout, lean forward slightly, keeping back flat, as you lift right knee behind you about 6 inches; lower.
• Do 20 pulses up and down. Switch legs and repeat.