During a recent episode of R&B Divas L.A., Kelly Price revealed the heartbreaking truth of her abuse. Her cousin raped her at 3 years old. This triggered Lil’ Mo to share her own heartbreaking experiences with sexual abuse.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
Here are a few facts about sexual abuse:
- In the United States, approximately 1 out of every 4 girls and 1 out of every 6 boys is sexually abused.
- Seventy to 73% of child sexual abusers report experiencing sexual abuse in their own childhood.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that 150 million girls and 73 million boys under 18 experienced forced sexual intercourse and other forms of sexual violence globally i
- According to WHO, 1.8 million children are involved in pornography and prostitution. Over 1.2 million children have been trafficked.
- Children living with a single parent or a parent living with an unmarried partner are most at risk for child maltreatment, which is over eight times the rate of children living with married biological parents.
- Children who are victims of sexual abuse can suffer many serious health effects, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, eating disorders, somatization, neurosis, chronic pain, sexualized behavior, learning problems, animal cruelty, self-destructive behavior, suicide, antisocial behavior, sleeping difficulties and/or nightmares, angry outbursts, not wanting to be left alone, and further victimization into adulthood.