To Sleep Better…Just Stretch!
Having trouble falling asleep? According to experts, most of us are! But don’t just stare at the ceiling or start watching TV (or obsess over those bills). Instead, do these stretches right before bed to fall asleep faster and sleep better.
Celebrate Your Health! LIKE BDO on Facebook!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=blackdoctor.org height=”260″]
Remember: With each pose, breathe in and out through your nose for a calming effect on the nervous system.
What you’ll need: A pillow
Targets: Neck, shoulders, back, hips, and legs
1. Sit on floor with pillow in front of you.
2. Bend left knee, bringing sole of left foot to right inner thigh.
3. Lift butt and extend right leg behind you.
4. Staying centered, gently hinge forward from hips, placing head on pillow.
5. Extend arms forward, elbows slightly bent.