Cali-Style Deep Dish Chicken Pizza
This pizza recipe is made with thawed frozen bread dough and is topped with tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese, and grilled chicken breasts. An easy substitution would be the meat from a deli-roasted chicken. Try adding peppers or artichokes, or substituting the tomato sauce with pesto or Alfredo sauce, to vary up the recipe.
Love being healthy? Then LIKE us on Facebook!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=blackdoctor.org height=”260″]
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook time: 12 mins/Cook Time: 32 mins
Total Time: 42 mins/62 mins
– • 1 16-ounce loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
– • 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
– • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– • 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
– • 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
– • 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
– • Parmesan Pizza Sauce (see Recipe Center)
– • 2 fresh medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
– • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)–
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll bread dough into a 14-inch circle. Transfer dough to a greased 10-inch, 2 inch deep pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Prick generously with a fork. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.
2. In a small mixing bowl stir together lemon peel, lemon juice, and margarine or butter.
3. Rinse chicken breast halves; pat dry. Grill chicken directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through grilling and brushing occasionally with lemon mixture the last 10 minutes of grilling. Cut chicken into cubes.