Toni Braxton Admitted To Hospital
(BlackDoctor.org) — Singer and songwriter Toni Braxton, who has been battling several illnesses over the past few years, had a scare recently and checked into the hospital.
The Braxton family stated in a recent screening of their TV show on the WE network that Toni had a setback with her fight against Lupus and thought to admit herself to the hospital.
“Everyone knows she has lupus,” Towanda Braxton said. “She had a minor scare and went to the hospital to run tests and make sure everything was okay.”
Facts About Lupus
• Lupus is an autoimmune disease.
• Your body’s immune system is like an army with hundreds of soldiers.
• The immune system’s job is to fight foreign substances in the body, like germs and viruses. But in autoimmune diseases, the immune system is out of control.
• It attacks healthy tissues, not germs.
• Lupus is a disease that can affect many parts of the body.
• Everyone reacts differently.
• One person with lupus may have swollen knees and fever. Another person may be tired all the time or have kidney trouble. Someone else may have rashes.
• Lupus can involve the joints, the skin, the kidneys, the lungs, the heart and/or the brain.
• If you have lupus, it may affect two or three parts of your body.
• Usually, one person doesn’t have all the possible symptoms.
If you have questions about lupus, or think you may have it, be sure to contact your doctor immediately.