(BlackDoctor.org) — Skillet dinners are a great way to provide a complete meal in a short amount of time to your family. This Greek-inspired dish borrows flavors from the Mediterranean region, specifically olive oil, garlic, tomato, and feta to dress up chicken breasts that are ready to eat in only 40 minutes. Couscous is wickedly quick to make and a healthy whole grain; you can use pasta or rice if you’re out of couscous.
Prep & Cook Time: 40 minutes
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 pounds total)
• Salt and ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
• 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini (1 medium)
• 3/4 cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 medium)
• 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 10.75-ounce can condensed tomato soup
• 2 cups hot cooked couscous*
• 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
• Lemon wedges
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. In a 12-inch skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken registers 170F on an instant-read thermometer, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.