Faux Lashes: 9 Tips, Tricks and No No’s
Fake lashes can make a world of difference in the way your eyes look. They enhance and draw attention to your facial features. If done properly, you could be pleasantly surprised with the results.
Take a look at these tips and tricks to better assist your application.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
1. Properly measure the length of the fake lash to make sure it correctly fits the shape of your eyelid. If necessary, cut off the ends of the lash until you get the right length.
2. Use a high quality glue in order to have long lasting results (not the glue that comes with the pack). If you don’t have a steady hand, try applying the glue with a toothpick and glide it across the strip. Use a generous amount of glue at both the inner and outer corners. This prevents the lashes from lifting up when you blink.
3. Allow glue to dry a bit (10 seconds) before applying to the lid. This makes the glue more tacky and easier to apply and prevents slippage while trying to line it up properly.
4. It’s best to apply the lashes on top of your natural lashes at the lash baseline. Do not place on the eyelid. High quality glue will dry clear, and is forgiving when and if you get a little messy.
5. Apply mascara. This helps to better blend the natural lashes with the false ones.
6. If you have a visible gap between where the false lash strip sits and the natural lash line, don’t start over! A simple fix is to fill in the gap with either liquid liner or eye shadow.
7. It’s best to remove the lashes prior to removing your facial makeup. In a dabbing motion, use oily makeup remover to loosen up the glue. While your eyes are open, grab the lashes from the outer corner. While eyes are closed, begin to lift lashes from the outer corner towards the inner corner.
8. Use quality lashes. They don’t rip as easily and are made of quality material that can often be re-used.
9. Often, people make the assumption that anything fake is harmful. This is not the case. If the correct products are used and proper care is taken, lashes can be a great way to enhance your natural beauty without causing harm.
For more beauty tips, visit KissTheChaos.com.