If you are like me, you love pop and juice. Juice is definitely something that my fridge can’t ever be without. The problem with this, it’s a setup for failure! I find myself binging on all things sugary! Lately, I have been really trying to figure out how to cut back on my need for sugar, and I wanted to start by monitoring my juice and pop intake. I have come to find that there is a healthier alternative: fruit infused water.
Some of the top spas have known about the great health benefits of fruit, herb and flower infused water for decades. They not only promote hydration, but make your drinking water tasty and full of nutrients.
The great news, though, is that you don’t have to go to a high-end, pricey spa just to get these trendy waters. You can easily make your healthy, delicious and vitamin infused water on your own at home!
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
- Dehydration is known to be linked to headaches, digestive problems, obesity and joint pain. Infusing your water with fruits, herbs, or flowers not only improves the flavor, but also adds essential vitamins that help your body.
- The store bought vitamin water is less cost friendly and far less healthy. They often have preservatives, artificial sweeteners and colors, sodium, dextrose, and high fructose corn syrup or refined sugars.
- Some of the best benefits of having fruit infused water are appetite control, hydration, immune defense, heartburn prevention, blood sugar regulation and weight management.
- Great alternative to alcoholic beverages
- Good for getting young children to increase their daily water intake
- Gives a boost of energy, especially good during or after an intense workout
For a large batch of infused water, fill a pitcher with water, mix in some chopped up fruits, veggies, and/or herbs and let it sit in the fridge for two to eight hours (depending on how strong you want the flavor to be).
Another method is to take your ingredients (fruits, veggies, herbs) and puree them. Use a sieve to strain the pulp, dilute with water and sip with a straw.
Weight Loss Recipe
1. Combine five cored and thinly sliced apples (your favorite variety) with five whole cinnamon sticks.
2. Stir together two thinly sliced cucumbers and two seeded and sliced jalapeño peppers.
Belly Fat Recipe
– Combine 2 cups pitted and halved fresh cherries, three thinly sliced lemons, and two vanilla beans. Gently muddle with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Anti-Deflammatory (Pineapple and mint)
Pineapple is an anti-inflammatory that helps relieve joint pain and arthritis, and mint supports the digestive system by activating salivary glands and digestive enzymes.
Detox (Lemon Water)
– Easy and refreshing to make
– Naturally slimming
– Aids in cleansing liver
– Infuses quickly
Skin Detox (Rosemary, Orange & Lime Water)
- 2 slices of lime, 1 slice of orange, and 1 sprig of rosemary
– Rosemary contains antioxidants that improve your complexion and memory
– Orange offers natural vitamin C
– Contains ZERO calories
Visit the BlackDoctor.org Food center for more articles.
For additional fruit infused water recipes, go To KissTheChaos.com .