Collard Green and Cornbread Cupcakes
Yes, you read correctly…cupcakes! This recipe will help you get your fix of soul food without a large portion nor with all the added fat. Click below for the quick and easy recipe. It’s really 4 recipes in one – here goes!
Easy Roasted Chicken
1/2 pound of chicken wingettes
1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of dried Italian herbs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well to evenly distribute.
3. Spread the wingettes out on a sheet pan evenly and roast for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Whipped Sweet Potatoes
1 pound of sweet potatoes, cooked and drained
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 pinch of Kosher salt
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of skim milk
1. Mix the cooked and drained sweet potatoes well until they are mashed through.
2. Add in olive oil, Kosher salt, honey, and skim milk and whisk together until light and fluffy.
3. Cover and keep warm until you’re ready to serve.