Top 5 Way To Help Bully-Proof Your Child
Boys Town announced strategies to help keep your child safe from bullies. The national child and healthcare organization, started over 90 years ago, is a leader in parenting advice. Below are five ways to bully-proof your children:
- Encourage your child to develop strong, healthy friendships. Bullies are more likely to target kids who are by themselves than those in groups with friends.
- Take the time to talk to your child every day about his/her day at school. If you talk regularly, your child is more likely to open up and tell you when there is a problem.
- Take a solution-focused approach if your child indicates he/she has been a bullying target. Brainstorm possible solutions and consider the pros and cons of each option and share them with your child.
- Partner with your child’s school. Approach your child’s teachers and administrators and ask for their help in creating a safe learning environment.
- Communicate your love. Tell your child you are proud of him/her and that he/she always has your support.