Check out this week’s quick tips for better sleep, fitness and diet!
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
Luckie’s Sleep Tip: Avoid large meals before sleep
- Promotes high quality sleep: Consuming a large meal requires more energy for digestion. Increased energy used for digestion can disrupt sleep.
- Can assist in getting 7-8 hours of sleep: Getting 7-8 hour of high quality sleep can help with: Appetite control, energy improvement, stress reduction, production of growth hormone for calorie-burning muscle, optimal performance during exercise, maximum results for races or other competitive sporting events
HOW TO DO: Have a light snack (such as warm milk and a banana) no less than one hour before bed. Sweet dreams!
Luckie’s Exercise Tip: Penguin Crunch
- Tones obliques (muscles along sides of torso)
HOW TO DO:
1. Lay on back with shoulders/neck raised off floor.
2. Contract abs. This is the starting position.
3. While contracting abs, touch left ankle with left hand. Return to starting position.