Q: What exercises can I do to reduce my butt? – N.D.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
The squat is the king of all exercises. Without a doubt, squats are one of the best butt toning exercises. The squat utilizes the glutes, also know the butt, to a great degree. This is important because the gluteus maximus is the largest single muscle of the body and you need to stimulate it effectively in order to promote muscle growth and fat loss. Also, squats strengthen the lower back and core.
Here’s how to perform a bodyweight squat:
1. Stand with a shoulder width stance.
2. Hold your hands straight in front of you.
3. Drive your hips back and bend your legs 90 degrees.
4. Push through your heels and extend your legs.
5. Repeat the movement 15-20 times.
- Keep your spine neutral by looking straight ahead.
- Keep your core tight by sucking in your belly.
- Remember to always drive through your heels to ensure you’re using your glutes.
- Rest about 1 to 2 minutes between sets.
- Make sure to warm up before doing this exercise.
- Shoes with a flat sole are optimal for this movement as it allows to to transfer power from your glutes more efficiently.
WATCH a video demo: