DIY Protein Treatments For Stronger Hair
The key to any healthy hair regimen is balance. Too often we put so much focus on moisture, and not enough on protein. Our hair is made up of kertain (protein), and it is important that we restore our hair’s protein needs by utilizing treatments that specifically assist in strengthening your against damage caused by heat, manipulation and chemical processes.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=blackdoctor.org height=”260″]
It is also important to remember to do things in moderation. Too much protein can make hair stiff and brittle. Everyone’s hair is different and some hair types will require more treatments than others.
Here are two easy homemade protein treatments for your hair:
Mayonnaise and Avocado
- Rich in oil and protein
- Moisturizes and strengthens
- Smooths hair cuticle
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- A squirt of honey
- Coat your hair with the mixture, making sure to focus on the middle and ends of your hair.
- Cover with a plastic bag or shower cap and wrap your head in a towel.
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
- Shampoo and condition hair as usual.