Spinach & Artichoke Paella
Who doesn’t love the flavors or spinach and artichoke. They’re actually super delicious thrown into a cream sauce and also as a dip. The flavors are warm and comforting. If you nosh on the duo in a dip, the calories could add up. With today’s recipe, not so much. And the beauty about this recipe (as with most DariusCooks.com recipes) is that it’s simple and easy. Did I mention this recipe uses leftover rice? Here’s the recipe!
Sign Up for the Black Doctor Newsletter![sailthru_widget fields=”email” sailthru_list=”Black Doctor Subscribers”]
– 4 cups of leftover white or brown rice
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 cup of onion, chopped
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 cup of vegetable stock
– 1/2 teaspoon of fresh thyme
– The zest of 1 lemon
– 1 box of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
– 2 cups of canned artichoke hearts, chopped
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of black pepper–
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.