The Do’s & Don’ts Of Making Healthy Smoothies
Smoothies are all the rage these days when it comes to living healthier. And no, we’re not talking about the smoothies that you order at your local fast food joint. If you’re not careful, they can be a lot more fattening than beneficial. When it comes to making the perfect smoothie, you’re definitely going to want to stay tuned for these smart tips!
- Start out with a great base – either liquid or semi-liquid.
- Stick with fresh fruits (frozen works fine as well).
- Throw in a few leafy greens e.g., spinach for extra vitamins and nutrients.
- Add a high-quality protein powder.
- Use flax seeds and oil and/or chia seeds to improve digestion.
- Measure your ingredients – fruits and vegetables have calories too and they can easily add up when you’re making a smoothie.
- Be careful when incorporating dairy products – organic coconut milk and almond milk are great alternatives.
- Chop all your fruits and veggies before throwing them in the blender.
- Use water or small ice cubes.
- Add herbs and spices, including cinnamon, nutmeg, mint and basil.
- Add avocado, Greek/organic yogurt or coconut oil for a smoother, creamier texture.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
[ione_facebook_like_box url_segment=blackdoctor.org height=”260″]
Stay away from the following: