3 Out-Of-This-World Superbowl Wing Recipes
If you’re looking for a menu that will stand out this football season, why not try a new twist on a football favorite: wings! But these aren’t your ordinary wing recipes. The spices and secret ingredients of each recipe add a little something extra to have your friends raving more about your food than the game.
Far Out East Indian Curry Wings
1 can coconut milk
2 tbsp plus 2 tsp Homemade Thai Curry Paste, divided
2 ½ lbs chicken wings
1 tbsp fish sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk and 2 tbsp of the Thai curry paste. Remove 1/3 cup of the mixture to a small and set aside.
2. Add wings to the large bowl and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 425F and stir fish sauce into reserved coconut mixture to make a basting sauce.
Remove wings from marinade and shake off excess (marinade will be very thick). Place skin side down on a broiling pan.
4. Brush with half of basting sauce and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Bake 12 minutes, then flip wings, brush with remaining sauce and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake another 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Turn off oven and leave wings inside for another 20 minutes or so, to crisp.
Grilled Buttermilk & Beer Wings
2 cups Buttermilk
12 ounces IPA beer
2 tsp kosher or sea salt
1 tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp cayenne
½ tsp cumin
1 tbs brown sugar
1 white onion, sliced
2 lbs chicken drumsticks and wings
Cilantro, minced (optional)
For The Glaze:
¼ cup Sriracha
1/3 cup brown sugar