Bikini Ready: Homemade Sugar Wax
Have a weekly waxing scheduled? You may want to reschedule it! Many beauty waxing treatments wreak havoc on the skin and potentially even your health, as most contain harsh chemicals, toxins, hormone disruptors and sometimes even pesticides! No worries, sugar waxing is an all natural Arabic beauty treatment that doesn’t harm your skin or break the bank!
- Sugar, white or brown (1 cup)
- Water (2 Tbsp)
- Lemon juice (1.5 Tbsp)
- Salt, optional (1 tsp)
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Simmer on low heat.
- Allow the mixture to thicken and turn golden-brown.
- Stir the mixture with a spoon, making sure the sugar crystals dissolve.
- Be careful to not let it burn. You are seeking a syrup like consistency not a burnt one.
- Watch as the mixture turns a darker brown, turn off the heat, and let the forming wax cool for a couple of minutes.
- Apply where desired and pull in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- The wax is reusable so leave the unused portion in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to use toss in the microwave for about 10 seconds to warm it.