Sweet Summer Sangria (popsicles)
Summer with sangria is like your favorite kiss. There’s never a wrong time for it and it’s great on your lips. This summer try a little sangria with your favorite meal. It’s destined to put a smile on your face and keep your waistline slim (it’s half the calories of regular sangria). And there’s a bonus: you can make these into lollipops too! Here’s the recipe:
Prep Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 5-6 hours
– 1.5 bottles red wine
– 1/4 cup triple sec
– 2 cups sparkling lemon/lime/orange-flavored water (make sure the brand you choose has no added sugar)
– 1 pear diced
– 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
– 2 oranges diced or sliced (not peeled)
– 1 cup pineapple chunks
– 1/4 cup orange juice–
1. Combine everything (except the sparkling water) in a large pitcher, and store in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
2. Before serving, add the sparkling water to the pitcher, stir completely, and serve!
**For lollipops, pour into lollipop mold and freeze for 5-6 hours. Enjoy!