Summer Lights: Low-Fat & Sugar-Free Desserts
In addition to all the barbeque you’ll be eating this summer, you’re going to need some desserts that are delicious but not too heavy. So, what do you make? Relax. We’ve got you covered! Check out these three easy, lightweight desserts that are also diabetic-friendly.
– 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
– ½ cup butter
– ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 .6 ounce-package of sugar-free, lemon flavored Jell-O
– 1 cup boiling water
– 1 8-ounce package of reduced-fat cream cheese
– 2 teaspoons lemon extract
– 1 cup frozen light-whipped topping, thawed–
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and cinnamon. Mix well and press into the bottom of a 9 inch square pan. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Dissolve lemon gelatin in boiling water. Let cool until thickened, but not set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Blend in lemon gelatin. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour filling into crust. Sprinkle top with graham cracker crumbs. Refrigerate overnight.