The 3 Ultimate ‘Grown Up’ Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Who doesn’t love a grilled cheese sandwich? I don’t know about you, but the thought of ooey gooey cheese that filled my mouth as a kid from a good grilled cheese makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside. I may just be hungry though! Anywho, here are some ways to make your grilled cheese not so childish.
Blue Cheese and Smashed Avocado with Roasted Tomato Grilled Cheese
Prep Time:1 Minutes
Cook time:1 Minutes
– 1 cup grape tomatoes (cut in halves)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper
– 1 avocado, lightly mashed
– 1 cup fresh arugula
– 4-6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
– 4 slices seedy bread
– softened butter, for spreading–
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grease a baking sheet and add the halved tomatoes.