You probably have a slew of New Year’s resolutions that you are anxiously waiting to see accomplished. Hopefully, some of those are revolving around your health. Why not take another stab at a healthy resolution and try out these no-bake energy bars? They are great for a quick morning pick me up or an after workout snack. Either way you are bound to enjoy and feel good because you made them yourself!
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup roughly chopped dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup optional additions: chocolate chips, shredded coconut, extra nuts, etc.
- Prep an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and melted coconut oil.
- Place oats, almonds, pecans, dried cherries, sea salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Mix well and add in any extra toppings of your liking .
- Place pitted dates in a food processor and mix until it forms into a ball.
- Put honey, coconut oil, almond butter and date ball into a pot over low heat, and mix until melted through.
- Pour this melted mixture over the oats and nuts making sure to coat everything very well.
- Place this oat mixture into your baking dish, and press down firmly to make sure everything is packed in really well and in one even layer.
- Cover with more parchment paper and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or until hard.
- Cut them into rectangles or squares, and store them in the fridge or freezer.
If you don’t mind a little baking, you can toast your almonds (8 min), pecans (8 min) and rolled oats (10-15 min) separately at 350 degrees in the oven before beginning Step 1.
Visit KissTheChaos.com and follow me on Instagram: @Ooolala_laa