Recipe Remix: Smokey Grilled Chicken Tacos
When you get a hankering for something good and relatively low carb in the middle of the night, you stop everything you’re doing and peruse your cupboards to see what you’ve got on hand. I had some olives, a half a head of lettuce, and a bit of guacamole left over. I knew the perfect way to whip up something delicious. They key is the marinade. It uses smoked paprika and Hungarian paprika. It does a really great job of adding this really great smoky dimension that balances well with the brightness of the olives and the hit of lime in the guac. Give it a try. Here’s the recipe:
Prep Time: 1 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Minutes
– 2 large chicken breasts, pounded thin
– 1 tablespoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of pepper
– 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon of Hungarian paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
– 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil–
corn tortillas and accompaniments (pictured are green olives, lettuce, cilantro, guacamole, shredded cheese and hot sauce)
1. In a bowl, combine the salt, pepper, smoked paprika, Hungarian paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, and olive oil until it forms a slight paste.
2. Rub the paste all over the chicken breast and let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.