Cuban Chicken Over Rice & Peas
I happen to love chicken. That’s evident due to the gazillion chicken recipes I have on the site right now. It will stay that way:-). Here’s a recipe that’s super simple and is a great addition to your week night recipe arsenal.
NOTE: This recipe is only 263 calories per serving (as compared to 550 and up for normal cuban chicken recipes)
Prep Time: 1 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Minutes
– 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
– 4 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 tablespoon of annatto seeds (found in most grocery stores)
– 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt
– 1 table spook of pepper
– 1 teaspoon of black pepper
– 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice–
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Ia an oven proof skillet, heat the olive oil and annatto seeds together. This will release the color and fragrance of the oil. Once the oil had turned an orange color, remove discard the seeds.