Homemade Taco-Bell-Style Mexican Pizza
A Mexican style pizza is a great way to have a taste from south of the border with a little mix of up north. Plus, it’s healthier for you. You don’t have as many complex carbs in a traditional pizza crust and less acidity from the sauce. Here’s how to quickly make a Mexican pizza right at home.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 5 Minutes
– 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package 8-inch flour tortillas
– 1 (10 ounce) can taco sauce (low sodium)
– 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
– 1 lb ground turkey
– 1 (8 ounce) package taco seasoning
– 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
– 1 (8 ounce) bag Mexican blend cheese
– 2 stalks green onions, chopped–
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Prepare turkey taco meat according to taco seasoning package directions.
Warm refried beans.
Heat tortilla about 25 seconds on each side or until just golden brown.