17 Amazing Ways To Show Yourself Love
Ok, maybe you didn’t have a Bae this Valentine’s season or your summer boo didn’t work out. Or even if you did and you were caught up in taking care of him or her, but not worried about you. Either way, you don’t have to miss out on an incredible opportunity to show yourself some love. Any day is a perfect excuse to practice some much needed self-care while showering yourself in a utopia of love! Practicing self-care is incredibly vital to your mental, physical and emotional well being and it most certainly should be exercised often.
Check out these 17 amazing ways to create a daily self-care love fest.
1. Stop comparing yourself to others. People achieve success and fail at different rates.
2. Do something nice for someone you don’t even know. It doesn’t have to be a big gesture, but paying for someone’s groceries behind you under $20 bucks or saying something nice to a stranger. Doing something that makes someone else feel good, helps you feel good too!
3. Exercise because it is good for your soul and not solely for your outward experience. Appreciate your body and all the things it can do. Stop picking it apart — you will never achieve perfection.
4. Find something that you’re good at. Maybe you are really amazing at working with kids and you just don’t know it yet.
5. Spend more time with your girlfriends or guy friends. Relationships may come and go, but friends are forever — cherish that.
6. Spend time alone. It’s okay if you want to stay home on a Friday night, catch up on your DVR and eat froyo because you’ve had an exhausting workweek.
7. Read that book you’ve been meaning to read. In fact, read as many books as possible. Reading expands the imagination and sharpens the mind.
8. Spend time outside. Discover a new trail or a mountain to hike. Soak up the sun.
9. Take a lot of pictures. Take way too many and don’t forget to print them. Don’t let them just sit in your phone memory.
10. Let go of the past. Forgive the people who hurt you so that YOU can move on. Carrying around anger only poisons you.
11. Let go of friendships that no longer serve you. People grow apart; it’s natural and it’s okay.