“Perfect” Tequila Lime Grilled Shrimp
Doesn’t tequila just scream Summer? I mean, who doesn’t love shrimp mixed with tequila and lime. And the added bonus is the rice underneath. It’s got toasted coconut and pineapple running all through it. It’s an absolutely perfect way to enjoy a nice light and refreshing meal. Here’s the recipe:
– -2 tablespoons of limeade mix, from concentrate (in the frozen section)
– -1 teaspoon of salt
– -2 tablespoons of good tequila
– -1 tablespoon of brown sugar
– -1 pinch of red pepper flakes
– -1 teaspoon of honey
– -1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic
– -1 tablespoon of olive oil
– -1 pound of jumbo shrimp, cleaned and deveined–
1. In a large bowl, mix together the limeade mix, salt, tequila, brown sugar, pepper flakes, honey, granulate garlic and olive oil until a smooth paste has formed.
2. Toss the shrimp with the marinade and let the shrimp marinate for up to 4 hours.
3. Grill the shrimp in a hot grill pan or on an outside grill until they’ve just cooked through.