Recipe Remix: Sweet Potato Casserole
This is one of those side dishes that has a dual purpose. It can be served as a regular side dish to dinner or eaten as a sweet treat throughout the day. But the beautiful part about this dish is that is half the fat of your normal dish and it’s completely vegetarian.
– 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
– 1 cup raw sugar
– 1/3 cup melted vegan butter
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/4 cup soy or almond milk
– 1 Lemon–
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 3 tablespoons melted vegan butter
– 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped–
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Add all ingredients together and mix well.
Pour into a greased casserole dish ( 1 1/2 quarts).