How To Lose 10 Pounds In 2 Weeks (It’s Possible!)
Can you lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks? The short answer to this question is yes! Although, there are many factors that go into shedding pounds fast. If you want to drop 10 pounds within two weeks, there are two main areas of focus: food intake and exercise. Naturally, other factors that affect weight are hormone levels, getting enough sleep and increasing your metabolic rate.
Recently, BlackDoctor.org had the opportunity to chop it up with Fitness Guru and Fitness As A Lifestyle CEO, Corey S. Taylor, who broke down some quick tips on how to stay motivated and meet your weight loss goals in a pinch.
“Your goals have to be bigger than your ego. Most people fail because their goals aren’t big enough. Make sure that your reason for losing weight is big enough to drive you to work past your pride and personality, otherwise you’ll eventually get to a point where you either get complacent and stop working as hard or just say why bother,” explains Taylor, who recently appeared on A+E’s “Fat2Fit.”
Of course, when breaking down the numbers, truth of the matter is, if you’re not motivated, you’re at a loss. A pound of fat contains approximately 3,500 calories. If you want to lose 10 pounds, that is 35,000 calories to lose from your body in just two weeks.
In order to lose 5 pounds in one week, you need to be in a calorie deficit every week of 17,500 calories (5 pounds: 3,500 x 5 = 17,500 calories). That turns into a deficit of 2,500 calories per day (17,500 calories / 7). In other words, you have to WANT it!
“Time is your only weapon. There are 24 hours in each day. If you’re not executing effort each hour (mind, body, diet, activity) then you’re not going to reach your goal as fast as you’d like. Invest time, don’t waste it. Utilize your weekends, evenings and early mornings,” Taylor added.
So, how does one cut 35,000 calories in two weeks without feeling like you’re starving yourself? Here’s how:
- Keep your sugar intake under 100 grams under a day.
- Up your fiber. Taylor says, “The more greens you eat the flatter your stomach will become.” In other words, eating 30 grams of fiber a day is key to snatching your waist.
- Shy away from dips, dressings, sodium.
- Opt for whole grains (toast or pasta), low calorie but flavorful meats like lean turkey, chicken and salmon.
- An apple a day not only keeps the doctor away. Taylor says, “you can have unlimited fruits and veggies throughout the day.”