3 Immune-Boosting, Flu-Fighting, Feel-Better Soups
Even though soup may not be considered a hearty meal all the time, it certainly warms the soul. And these three soup recipes not only do that, they also boost your immune system to fight off colds and flu (seriously)! See below for the recipes:
Soul Food Cabbage Soup
Prep Time: 1 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Minutes
– 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 1/2 onion, fresh yellow or brown chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 2 quarts water (to enhance the flavor of your dish, use chicken broth in place of water)
– 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 head cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
– 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained and diced–
In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
Stir in water, bouillon, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then stir in cabbage. Simmer until cabbage wilts, about 10 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes. Return to a boil, then simmer 15 to 30 minutes, stirring often.