Steak & Mushroom Burritos
(BlackDoctor.org) — Did you know that foods that contain selenium, including beef and portobello mushrooms, are considered some of the breast cancer fighters? Enjoy this healthy, hearty recipe…and feel good knowing you’re protecting your body, too!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
– 2 portobello mushroom caps
– Nonstick cooking spray
– 2 teaspoons chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 pound flank steak
– 6 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
– 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free black, red, or refried beans
– 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
– 3/4 cup bottled taco sauce
– 2 medium tomatoes, diced
– 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese–
1. Heat grill to medium-high and mist mushrooms with cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle most of the chili powder, salt, and pepper on mushrooms; pat the rest onto steak.
3. Grill mushrooms for 5 minutes with cover closed; turn. Add steak to grill. Grill, covered, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
4. Remove meat and mushrooms from grill; let stand 3 minutes, then slice into strips.