3. Wipe down pantry shelves and take inventory of food items you have and what you should have on hand to make a healthful meal in minutes:
- A variety of canned goods
- Tomato sauce
- Canned fruit
- Dried fruit
- 100% fruit juice
4. Clean the oven.
5. Wipe down the inside and outside of the refrigerator and discard any outdated food items then stock up on fresh in-season produce such as:
Note: Always have fruits and veggies prepared so when the urge to snack hits, they are easily accessible [carrot and celery sticks, fresh salsa, cubed melons].
6. Wipe down the inside of the freezer. Discard any foods that are outdated or have not been stored properly.
7. Make sure you have frozen mixed fruit and berries on hand to toss into fruit smoothies or on top of cereal or yogurt in a moment’s notice. Also, stock your freezer with frozen vegetables for a quick and easy mid-week stir-fry or a succulent side dish.
8. Wash the sink and countertops and always keep a basket of fresh fruit available as a quick ‘grab and go’ spot for on-the-run snackers.