Erectile Dysfunction Self-Care Help
Learn more about the cause of erectile dysfunction to overcome this sensitive condition. The vitamins and herbs helpful to overcome erectile dysfunction.
According to research or other evidence, the following self-care steps may be helpful:
– Quit smoking – Men who smoke have an increased ED risk
– Asian ginseng – 900 mg of a concentrated herbal extract two or three times a day may improve libido and ability to maintain erection
– Give Ginkgo a go – Take 240 mg a day of a standardized herbal extract to increase blood flow to the penis
– Yohimbe and DHEA – With the help of a doctor experienced in these treatments, take an herbal extract of yohimbe containing 15 to 30 mg a day of yohimbine to increase blood flow, or 50 mg a day of the supplement dehydroepiandrosterone to improve hormone levels
– Get a checkup – This is one of the most overlooked things to do when a man experiences ED. Diseases like diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, etc can have an major effect on a man’s ability to perform. ED also can be caused by a side effect of certain medications
– Counseling/Stress Release Therapy – Psychological issues can be a cause, or an effect, of ED. Stress is also a major factor. Is there stress at the job? Or at home? Stress can and will manifest itself into unhealthy triggers for the body. Sometimes counseling and talking about it can help.
These recommendations are not comprehensive and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor or pharmacist. Continue reading the full erectile dysfunction article for more in-depth, fully-referenced information on medicines, vitamins, herbs, and dietary and lifestyle changes that may be helpful.