Salmon With Tomato Salsa
This recipe is the perfect quick and easy meal. It has a rich, buttery flavor – with very little added fat. When baking the salmon, always sear the fish to lock the pores and keep nutrients and juices inside while baking. Feel free to play around with this recipe, including grilling the salmon instead of baking it, alternating the salmon with another type of fish, and including additional seasonings of your choice.
This dish can be served hot or cold – after baking, just refrigerate until cool.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
• 4 (4 ounce) fillets salmon, skin removed
• 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
• 1/2 avocado, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
• 1/4 cup minced red onion
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 lime, cut in wedges
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients (except salmon fillets and lime) in small bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Bake salmon for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
4. Serve salmon surrounded by the salsa and lime wedges.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Servings Per Recipe: 4 servings, Calories: 256, Total Fat: (g) 9.9, Saturated Fat: (g) 6, Cholesterol: (mg) 76, Sodium: (mg) 188, Carbohydrate: (g) 11.2, Protein: (g) 31 (Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet)