Guilt-Free Chocolate Chip-Oatmeal Cookies!
Would you believe that chocolate chip cookies were created by accident? Ruth Wakefield was preparing her traditional butter cookies at the Toll House Inn in Whitman, MA., when she decided on a whim to add pieces of a chocolate bar to her dough.
Wakefield expected the chocolate to melt into the dough but instead it held its shape. The cookie was an instant hit and the recipe was printed in a local Boston newspaper.
Revamped, these gems are still ooey-gooey goodness — but they’re only 80 calories each (with a gram of healthy fiber per cookie)! Half the fat and cholesterol have been removed as well.
Guilt-free indulgence at its tastiest!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook time: 12 min
Servings: 48 cookies
– • 1/2 cup(s) (packed) brown sugar
– • 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
– • 1/2 cup(s) trans fat–free vegetable oil spread (60% to 70% oil)
– • 1 large egg
– • 1 large egg white
– • 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
– • 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
– • 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
– • 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
– • 2 1/2 cup(s) quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
– • 1 cup(s) bittersweet (62% cacao) or semisweet chocolate chips–
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, with mixer on medium-low speed, beat sugars and vegetable spread until well blended, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Add egg, egg white, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt until mixed.
3. With wooden spoon, stir in oats and chocolate chips until well combined.
4. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoons, 2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake cookies 12 to 13 minutes or until golden. With wide metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
5. Repeat until all batter is used.
6. Store cooled cookies in tightly sealed containers up to 3 days.
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 11g
Dietary Fiber 1g
For more healthy recipes, click here.