BlackDoctor.org Advertising and Sponsorship Policy
BlackDoctor.org has established the following guidelines to govern various aspects of Advertising on the BlackDoctor.org website. For these purposes, “Advertising and Sponsorships” include banner, badge, text links and Sponsored Content. These regulations govern issues such as acceptance of Advertisements and Sponsorships by BlackDoctor.org, the manner of display of Advertisements and Promotions on the BlackDoctor.org Site, and the removal of Advertisements and Sponsorships from the BlackDoctor.org Site.
Sponsored Content will be identified as Sponsored Content. This means that Content under this heading is from or created on behalf of the named sponsor. This content is not subject to the BlackDoctor.org Editorial Policy and is not reviewed by the BlackDoctor.org Editorial department for accuracy, objectivity or balance. BlackDoctor.org has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on the BlackDoctor.org Site. BlackDoctor.org may change this policy at any time at its sole discretion by posting a revised policy to the BlackDoctor.org Site.
- BlackDoctor.org recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between Advertising content and editorial and decision-making content. All Advertising content on the Blackdoctor.org Site shall be clearly and unambiguously identified as such. Clicking on the ad will link you to an advertiser’s site, to relevant information on BlackDoctor.org, or to a Sponsored mini-site on BlackDoctor.org which will be labeled as being sponsored and the name of the sponsoring entity is displayed.
- BlackDoctor.org will not accept Advertising that, in Blackdoctor.org’s opinion, is not factually accurate and appropriate for the BlackDoctor.org website. BlackDoctor.org will not permit at any time the placement of any Advertising for illegal or objectionable products. Advertising must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or handicap.
- BlackDoctor.org has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on the BlackDoctor.org Site, and under no circumstances shall BlackDoctor.org’s acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes such product(s) or service(s).
- BlackDoctor.org reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from the BlackDoctor.org Site for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising, together with an explanation following the rejection, cancellation, or removal. BlackDoctor.org also reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of the Advertising on the BlackDoctor.org Site.
- BlackDoctor.org reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if BlackDoctor.org becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, BlackDoctor.org may remove the Advertising. It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to comply with all applicable domestic and foreign laws, including applicable laws and regulations of regulatory bodies. This includes pharmaceutical advertising to physicians and consumers that must be in compliance with FDA guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising.
- Advertising must not be related to any of the following: alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency.
Sponsored Content on BlackDoctor.org
BlackDoctor.org accepts sponsorships from trusted and credible research organizations, manufacturers, and other leaders dedicated to treating and managing health for all Americans. This information benefits BlackDoctor.org users by providing them with the most up-to-date information on medications, medical devices, health services, and therapies in the marketplace.
“Sponsored” content has been provided by or influenced by the named sponsor and placed in a micro-site on BlackDoctor.org. While sponsored content is subject to BlackDoctor.org’s Advertising Policy, it is not subject to BlackDoctor.org’s Editorial Policy nor reviewed by the BlackDoctor.org Editorial Staff. Therefore, we take meaningful steps to ensure that our users will not confuse sponsored content with BlackDoctor.org editorial content.
You will find that all content on BlackDoctor.org that is influenced in any way by a sponsor is identified with the label “Sponsored by.” This way, BlackDoctor.org users are informed that content originates from a sponsor before they click to access it, so they are always making an informed decision to view it. Within the sponsor’s content, there may be links to the sponsor’s website.
In the event that a third party would offer to provide funding for the creation of BlackDoctor.org original content.