Happy Valentine’s Day! Here are five little tips to show your skin just how much you love it:
- Pucker Up: Lips, like our hands and body, get chapped in cold winter weather. Be sure to keep some lip balm in your pocket, purse, desk, car, etc., and use throughout the day. I like Vaseline, Chapstick, Aveeno or Burts Beeswax, as all of these balms are more moisturizing than licking your lips (licking your lips only dehydrates them more!). Look for lipstick and lip balms that have SPF built in as your lips can get sunburned.
- Drink red wine instead of white wine or champagne: If you’re celebrating with dinner and drinks tonight, have a glass of red wine as it contains antioxidants, which are good for overall skin health. Be sure to stay hydrated and drink water before you going to bed.
- Cupid’s Chocolate of Choice: Eat dark chocolate instead of milk or white chocolate: Again, dark chocolate has antioxidants.
- Sprinkle some ‘red’ on your meals: Berries (especially blueberries) are loaded with antioxidant compounds that are very effective in neutralizing damaging free radicals (that lead to skin cell damage and premature skin aging) generated in the skin by excessive UV exposure or from other sources.
- Natural glow: Brush on a little blush with some shimmer. I like Colorscience and Nars liquid bronzer as both have illuminating properties. One simple swipe on your cheekbones and you’ll have a sparkling complexion.