12 Inexpensive & Fun Summer Date Ideas
Different people will have a variety of ideas about what a perfect date is. But one thing to keep in mind is that perfect and romantic dates don’t have to be super-expensive…and they can be healthy, too! Here are a few that will blow her and his minds away if you plan it right (key word fellas: PLAN!).
1. Free Concerts/Fairs. This is a great idea for the summer, when there are plenty of free outdoor performances and local fairs being showcased. Make it even more of a romantic experience by packing some treats into a picnic basket. Similarly, many cities offer movies in the park programs, where you can sit under the stars with your sweetie and watch popular films.
2. Speaking of Picnics…grab a blanket, pack up a delicious meal, bring along a bottle of wine, and head out to a local park or lake. If you’re doing this at night, drive until you find a scenic location far from city lights. It’s a great way to spend quality time with each other. After your picnic, take advantage of the peaceful surrounding by skipping rocks, flying a kite, playing frisbee or, lie in the grass and watch the clouds go by while taking in the natural beauty. Don’t forget to enjoy the sunset!
3. Hit the beach. Many beaches and lakes are free to visit, which makes them an ideal spot for a romantic rendezvous. Try having a sand castle building competition!
4. Tour a local winery or brewery. Many brewery and winery tours are free – including free samples! Visiting either is a great way to learn about new brews or wines and have a great time getting a little buzzed, while having a lot of fun.
5. Visit a gallery/art show. Many cities have local art shows or photography exhibitions that are free to visit. Some even offer complimentary hors d’oeuvres, like wine and cheese. Look in your local newspaper or city’s website for listings near you, then go enjoy a little culture together.
6. Be A Tourist In Your Own City. A relaxing drive does wondrous things for the soul, and offers a great opportunity for couples to catch up in a quiet, relaxed environment and go to places in the city that you’ve never been. Bring good tunes and snacks to round out the moment.